- Apply Now
In 50 words or less, please share a quick description for your company.
Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) works to increase export and competitiveness of Latvian companies, facilitate foreign investment. LIAA encourages development and competitiveness of tourism products and services and promotes Latvia as an attractive travel destination.
How would you best describe your destination?
Latvia is the hidden "gem" of Northern Europe, which combines wonderful natural resources, ancient history and culture, as well as an excellent Gastronomy offer.
What unique value proposition does your company offers to travelers?
– With 500 kilometers of coastline, Latvia has plenty of white sand beaches Latvia has around 12,000 rivers and 3,000 lakes – perfect if you like water activities, for example, boating or fishing.
– Over half of Latvia's territory is covered by forests, making it one of Europe's greenest countries.
– Latvia has the widest waterfall in Europe, called Ventas Rumba, in spring and autumn you can see "flying fish" in it.
– Just as famous as the Art Nouveau architecture is also Riga's charming old town that has been included in UNESCO's World Heritage List.
– In 2023, Kuldiga old town was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List as well.
– In 2023, Latvia won the World Sommelier Championship in Paris.
– In the World Cup in hockey, Latvia sensationally won 3rd place - bronze medals, while in the World Cup in basketball - 5th place. Latvian fans - 1st place.
– Latvia hosts a variety of cultural events and festivals throughout the year, including the Song and Dance Festival, a unique celebration of music and dance that is a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage event
Latvia offers a unique value proposition to travelers through its rich cultural heritage, natural beauty, commitment to sustainable tourism, historic sites, diverse cuisine, affordability, outdoor activities, spa and wellness options, cultural events, and the warm hospitality of its people. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or simply exploring a less-traveled part of Europe, Latvia has something to offer.
What are the top benefits Travel Agents stand to gain by working with your company?
With us, you will get the most comprehensive insight into the offer in Latvia, we are knowledgeable about various tourism products at the destination and will recommend the best solution for you, will provide excellent contacts
What is new and exciting with your brand?
– Latvia will be joining the MICHELIN Guide family as its latest gourmet destination.
– Latvia together with neighboring countries has won the Lonely Planet title Best in travel 2024 Baltic Trails of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
Tell us about a success story (and the WOW factors) when you worked with a travel seller.
As a destination, Latvia surprises with diversity that can be reached in just an hour's drive - cities, nature, history, culture. The atmosphere of Latvia surprises with the openness and kindness of people, with the price-quality ratio and the fact that the result is always much more overwhelming than expectations.
What tools and/or resources does your company offer on an ongoing basis for travel sellers (ex: booking tools/technology, customer service, etc.)?
www.latvia.travel has all information collected. Consultations about what to find, where to find and with whom to connect. We always offer support to travel sellers.
What commission structures or awards does your company offer to travel sellers?
As a central government institution, we provide various arrangements for B2B contacts of tour operators. Also, support programs for MICE tourism activities are available. We offer Familiarization trips to Latvia, to introduce or update on the newest tourism objects.
Please share your company’s affiliation(s):
LIAA is an institution under the supervision of the Ministry of Economy
Please share any of your company's accolades (ie recognitions, awards, etc.)
– Latvia together with neighboring countries has won the Lonely Planet title Best in travel 2024 Baltic Trails of Estonia, Latvia Lithuania
– Latvia will be joining the MICHELIN Guide family as its latest gourmet destination in 2023.
– In 2023, Latvia won the World Sommelier Championship in Paris
– International Trade Council At the Go Global Awards ceremony presented the award of the Unicorn to Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) for its contribution to developing Latvia’s startup ecosystem